Monday, June 3, 2013

Summer weekends



We took Harry to Stodder's Neck Dog Park in Hingham this past weekend. It is a very large park that is completely leash-free and juts out into a nice bay that overlooks a yacht club and some classically New England homes. It was quite the drive (30 mins or so), but completely worth the effort on a hot summer day. 

Harry loved it. I think he enjoys being leash-free, though he doesn't wander far from us. He met a couple of friends as well. We walked along the pebbly shore, passing some big dogs fetching sticks and balls that their owners were throwing into the water. Harry only ventured so far as to get his front paws wet. I didn't really think Harry would get too close, so that's something!

I would love to make an outing at least once per weekend with good ol' Harry this summer, as long as the weather permits. It warms my heart to think of him so happy and pleased. 

Here are some other photos I took from that morning:

On the way to the park. Are we there yet?
Happy to be out and about




Watching for skipping rocks

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...